Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Confessions of a bad, bad blogger... and I got awards!

I know, I've been a bad, bad blogger! I read all the wonderful blogs from good people who regularly update and post news and here my little lonely blog sits, feeling neglected! I'm sorry...

I have a confession, I've found a new friend and have been cheating on my blog family... with Twitter! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it but it is so addictive, I couldn't help myself! But don't worry, I still love you and once the novelty of my new love has worn off, I will find a way of us all being friends and getting along.

It is because of this obsession (there, I said it!  "Hello, my name is Ali and I'm a Twitterholic") that I have also been very slow to thank Jill of Christmas Pie Crafts and also to Kat of With U in Mind who both have been so kind and awarded me the Liebster Award which I am really thrilled about.

Thank you both so so much - as such a lax blogger I feel a little undeserving and more than a little humbled....

The rules for this award are:

1. You must link back to the person who gave it to you
Oh, OK just done that in the previous paragraph... tick, check (good start!) next...

2. Put the award on your blog 
Hey, this is a doddle! Done, tick, double check - see right hand column and above (oh, I'm on a roll now!) next...

3. Pass it on to 5 other blogs who inspire you and have less than 200 followers 
Uh-oh, you might have to talk amongst yourselves for a mo.... (Knew it was going too well!)

Here's a picture of our two cats when they were kittens and cuddled each other to sleep to make the wait a little less painful...


Awww, weren't they cute!   Sadly, this is a scene we don't see anymore although they will still give each other a brief wash every now and again....

Sorry, nearly there will be with you in a mo...

OK then, here we go:
  1. My Cosmic Blog 
    Tales all the way from Texas, USA.  Susan is very supportive of crafters and shares her tales of goats, soap making, markets, lovebirds, family and her husband's box guitar making business (but not necessarily in that order!)
  2. Ostra's Creations
    New to the blogging world and soon to turn her jewellery making into a small business, I think we can all relate to how scary it is to start out and take the first steps towards what we all hope will be successful businesses.  Lets show some support as only the craft community can!
  3. Its an Alien Life
    Great crafts on show on this super blog and completely puts me to shame on the regular blogging front!  One to learn from!
  4. Creations by Flutterby
    A lovely blog showing beautiful card creations.  Definitely deserves more followers!
  5. Made in Suisse
    A lovely blog from an amazing crafter with gorgeous cross stitch, recipes, beautiful photos of Switzerland... what more can you ask!  A great read. 
OK, OK, I know that theoretically I should be awarding to 10 blogs (two awards) but c'mon, no-one can wait that long! (Shhh, I won't tell if you don't!)

4. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know
Away we go me-hearties! (Sorry, watching Pirates of the Caribbean whilst typing this!!)

Hope you all have a great Sunday! I'll try to be a better blogger in future....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the liebster award- very much appreiacted :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can promise you that there is room in your life for Twitter as well as blogging - I know it is hard to have two such great friends and I know at the moment you feel torn between the two, but it does get better. Although, Johnny Depp will win hands down every time - Twitter, what's that then?? Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for my award. Having a mini crisis at the moment as mum was rushed into hospital on Saturday and we have had to place dad into a care home. Will blog as soon as I can . Hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww loving your cats...they are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx