Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Handmade Monday #27 - Glowing in the Dark...

Handmade Monday rolls around again and I am pleased to say that hubby and I survived the 'Greenhouse' yesterday and came out unscathed!   It was very, very hot still but there were more clouds around so this helped it to not be quite as unbearable as it was there last month.  I am fully booked for all the weekends in August (plus Bank Holiday Monday) so I won't be back there until the end of September which means the temperature should be much more pleasant (keep an eye out for 'it was so cold' posts!!)

As a result of the more comfortable atmosphere, we had a great day and met some wonderful new and regular customers.   However, after being really pleased to have completely finished all my orders, I now have five pages of orders to complete this week!!  I love the fact that as a maker of handmade work, I can adapt colours and designs to suit a customer's specific needs - OK, they may cost a little more than mass produced stuff but you simply don't get this personal detail on factory made, shop bought items.

Last week I mentioned the Glow in the Dark stuff I have been making in readiness for Halloween (which, bearing in mind it is August already will be here quicker than I care to think about!!).  These are now available in my online shop and I have shown a couple of them here (click on link below each photo to be taken to the shop page for each one):

This is going to be a very short post as I have tons of orders to get started on plus lots of stock to try to make up ready for the Lingfield Steam & Country Show this coming weekend.  I guess this week is also going to be full of making steam engines...

Head on over to 1st Unique Gifts blog to see what everyone else has been up to this week & have a great one yourself.

16 comments:

  1. Cant do it today but I am going to have a look at your Haloween stuff later with a view to obtaining a couple, I know two little boys who love Haloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you're so busy - love the ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol - I have a couple of other designs which haven't made it onto the site yet but I will make sure I get them uploaded later today so you can see everything.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cute little ghosts! Halloween will be here before we know it. Glad you survived the greenhouse! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful that you have so many orders you hardly have time to blog! :) Love the glow in the dark Halloween idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali
    Yet more lovely work from you. I especially like the black cat on the back of the broomstick. Soooo cool x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ghosties and witches Ali, you're right, Halloween will soon be here and like you have already got some Plaques organised.
    I love the witch design. I have a great weathervane in my garden of a witch on a broomstick. I'm sure they will do well.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, talk of Haloween already, but you are right it will be here soon and Christmas is only just around the corner!

    Love the glow in the dark stuff Ali!

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you for having such a full order book. I've come to realise how important the personal touch is. I think people are backlashing against mass produced and poor customer service. I think I should have been born a couple of generations ago
    Love your ghosties x

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like all went well at the market I used to live in Bromley about 11 years ago and i love the place there was not a regular craft market there then sounds like great fun also used to live in hurst green which is quite close to lingfield if I remember right I do wish to move back to kent one day loads of great memories good luck for your next event xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ghosts! How time flies, not long to Haloween and then Christmas...oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh nooo please dont talk about Halloween it's far too early! Bad enough at my work being asked for christmas menus already. They look great Ali. Good luck for your August shows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the witches- very spooky!

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the grow in the dark stuff. I love them a lot when I was a child. I used to put them on my ceiling. I still like them now I am an adult

    ReplyDelete
  15. really nice. those clings put me already in a spooky-halloween-y mood! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx