Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

All systems are still going strong Chez Ali’s Craft Studio

Hello… is there anyone still out there?  I know, I’ve not posted here for waaaay too long but I’m pleased to confirm that all is still going well at Ali’s Craft Studio!

A change of technology and lots of fantastic new bespoke commissions are my excuse for being so lax in communications lately! Feeble I know but hey, I’m sticking with it! Winking smile

I’m still busy at craft fairs but even these have been reduced by some of the workloads I’ve had which is a shame in some ways as I really love meeting both old & new customers at fairs & discussing ideas for new products & design – that feedback really is invaluable!

I’m definitely not through with fairs & invested in a sturdier gazebo this year (first outing next week – wish us luck putting it up under time pressure Surprised smile) and am really pleased with how well the new designs for 2014 are going down at fairs – now I just need to find the time to get them all on the website!!

I thought I’d share with you a couple of the large designs I have completed recently – both customers are really thrilled with the stained glass look they have achieved using window clings and are now planning more!

Peacock Arches

Creating a wonderful effect in two plain glass recesses which the customer backlit at night – the difference is clear between the day and night effect.  I loved creating these – another one on my list of designs to create for our home too!!

Peacocks

Waterfall

This design was created to fill a half-glazed door & was inspired by a picture the customer had seen online. A great example of working closely together to get the desired results!  The challenge on this one was definitely all that water! I wanted to separate each section but avoid the ‘patchwork’ effect. I think it works very well & added a specially created pearl paint to give a totally different result in daylight to that at night when lights are reflected on the cling.  A real labour of love this one!

cg - Extra Large Waterfall

So, as you can see, I have been keeping myself busy – I’ll try to be a better blogger from now on… no, really!!

To see these & other large clings or enquire about having a design created for your own home, please visit http://www.studiocrafts.net/largedesign.html

Now, I must dash… clings to make, designs to create…. you know how it goes!  If you have any requests for new designs, do let me know – as I said, I love feedback!!

Byeeeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx