Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Monday 5 September 2011

M.I.A?? I'm Back...

Good morning blogging family

Yes I am still on this planet after being missing in action for a couple of weeks (although a quick look at the date of my last blog post shows that it has infact been almost a month - eek!)

I would love to say that I have been travelling the globe on a relaxing Summer holiday but if I did, I would be lying - August is quite simply a chaotic month for me with some of the bigger shows all in a row.

From steam shows to airshows, we have seen lots of different types of transportation over the past month and met some wonderful people (many of whom were suitable blackened by soot after working on their beautifully maintained old steam engines).

Fortunately the weather gods have been reasonably kind and Shoreham Airshow this year did not see a repeat of the terrible cloudy, windy, wet conditions which put the kaibosh on all the flying in 2010.   Sadly, for the second year we missed out on the opportunity to see the wonderful Vulcan as it was grounded with a fuel leak but the rest of the show went ahead as planned and a last minute replacement flight was added to fill the void left by the Vulcan.  The organisers of this show really do a sterling job and the craft tent at the show (organised by the wonderful Woodland Crafts) is always a fun place to be.

The Vulcan - absent on the day but still present as a peelable decoration!
So, my month has been filled with fulfilling orders of more planes than I care to remember - it took a full 2 weeks to complete them due to all the fine detail required and to say that I now feel 'all planed out' is an understatement!

I am also now introducing Christmas designs onto the stall as some of the locations of fairs won't be visited again this year so I have been trying to make up some more Christmas stock (not the easiest of tasks when you are melting under the summer sun!)

This next weekend sees us at the Laughton Country Show, nr Ringmer, East Sussex and designs like the ever-popular Nativity Panel will be there to ease people into the Festive spirit (albeit a little early but the way this year is flying by...)

I have also been working on an idea for 2011 to help out all my customers who spend ages trying to decide on a gift for a friend or family member (always difficult to put yourself in someone else's shoes) and will do a separate blog about this shortly...

Hope you have all had a great month - I promise not to be away for so long in future and will be having a good look around all the blogs I have missed in the next few days.

To see what some amazing crafters have been up to this week, do head on over to Handmade Monday and get the opportunity to visit some terrific blogs.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, it's nice to see you back, mmmm long hols in the sunshine sounds good, but not me either.

    It's nice that you have been busy. The Christmas scene is really lovely, well done.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I understand your all-planed-out feeling - I get it with various other things, as you know! It seems people are definitely dipping their toes into Christmas planning and buying. (Too early for me but seemingly not too early for everyone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - glad to hear you have been busy. The colours in the Christmas photo are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in total awe of your busy- ness! Your Christmas image is lovely and well done on a very successful air show

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you click on http://grenvilleallenhisclonedbrother.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-ive-been-sweating-away-at-these.html you'll see that you're not the only who's been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how everyone's going all Christmassy. Soooo excited :)

    Glad to hear you have fun at the fairs and shows, and I hope you managed to stay soot free.

    So welcome back, looking forward to ready you up and coming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got the planes done! I love that Christmas panel and so does my Mum who I gave one to last year :)

    See you at Lancing soon.

    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    Ah that's such a shame you missed the Vulcan, fingers crossed for next time. Love Love Love the peelable version, its so detailed.
    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx