Today was the first fair of 2011 for Ali's Craft Studio and I realised pretty quickly I had forgotten a number of facts since the last one in December 2010:
- Whatever time we plan to leave and however much time we allow ourselves to get ready, we will infact leave at least 15 minutes later!
- Early mornings are cold!
- Setting up the stall takes ten times longer than expected
- I will have a sore back and feel completely knackered by the time the show opens
- No matter how many times you set up your stall in exactly the same way, things don't seem to want to fit the next time
- During even the quietest of shows, you can guarantee a lot of visitors to your stall by opening a sandwich and taking a large can't-speak-as-my-mouth-is-so-full bite.
- No matter how many times you click your fingers and/or heels whilst muttering 'There's no place like home' you still have to pack everything away yourself and unpack it again at the other end (come on inventors out there - surely you must be close to creating Star Trek style teleporting devices by now!)
- Early mornings are vile, vicious things that should not be allowed (I may have mentioned this before!)
- Six o'clock should only appear once in a day at weekends (and I don't mean the early one)
- Cats get the right hump when you wake them up early and leave them alone all day - you will get the cold shoulder for at least five (maybe ten) seconds when you get home - yes, I know it isn't really the hump but seconds are like hours to a cat...
|Good Morning Sunshine|
I did, however, really enjoy getting back into the swing of things back at Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre in Gillingham, Kent - it is a really nice centre with some great shops but not too big that you are exhausted before managing to get to all of them as can sometimes happen in the massive shopping malls which are popping up here there and everywhere. It was great to see a good mix of old and new customers and we had a good day to start the year off.
If you missed out on a visit today, panic not - we are back at Hempstead again on 27th February. I have been adding a number of fairs to the Fairs List on the website so you can see more of the shows coming up. This list isn't complete by any means and more will be added once they are confirmed so keep a lookout for ones in your area.
|A visit to the Land Of Zed - much better option than getting up at stupid o'clock!|
Night night all - don't wake me early tomorrow morning (early mornings are just WRONG!!)
P.S. If you like the designs pictured above, you can get them from the website - http://www.studiocrafts.net/!